Supporting realistic and meaningful goals for your youth's education and vocation.
Back to Family Toolkit
- Did you know that if youth have a chronic condition, learning or physical disability, or mental health condition, they can get special accommodations for studying, writing exams, and in case of illness?
- If you do not register and miss classes, assignments or exams due to illness, youth may not receive any accommodation for marks or course completion.
- Register early in the term through College or University Student or Disability Services.
- Learn about Langara Student Services as an example of what one school has to offer – each school is different.
- Check out this list of Post-Secondary Disability Services Contacts throughout BC.
- Youth living with permanent disabilities may be eligible for a number of benefits from StudentAidBC.